If your child, or a child you know, has been diagnosed with hemiplegia, you will want to support them but may be unsure how to go about it. This section contains tailored information for parents, and for family and friends, about hemiplegia, and how to give your support to a child with hemiplegia.
- Parents: information if your child has just been diagnosed If you've just been told your child has hemiplegia, we have information and support that will help you.
- Helpline The HemiHelp helpline is a great source of information and support, manned by the parents of children with hemiplegia.
- Family Back Up service Would you like a professional field worker to visit you in your home?
- Family and friends Your help and support can make a big difference a child you know with hemiplegia, and to their parents.
- Friendship and popularity in mainstream schools What school life is like for children with hemiplegia.
- Benefits and legislation A quick guide the financial and legal help you may be entitled to.