Then visit our members' page.
Already a member?
Get a complimentary copy of the HemiHelp magazine
Want to check out the HemiHelp magazine before becoming a member? Just email email@example.com and ask for your complimentary copy.
Join HemiHelp and reap the benefits...
Anyone in the UK can join HemiHelp, whether you are personally affected or someone in your family has hemiplegia, or if you are a professional working with children and young people with the condition.
Are you a parent of a child with hemiplegia, an adult who has hemiplegia or maybe you are an aunt, uncle or grandparent to a child with hemiplegia?
Then visit our related pages to find out more.
Follow the Professional Members link if you are a professional who works with children and young people with hemiplegia.
If you are browsing from outside of the U.K and you are interested in signing up as an International Member please follow the link for an international membership form.
On this page:
- What will I get if I join HemiHelp?
- How do I join?
- How much does it cost?
- Voting Membership
- Any further questions?
What will I get if I join HemiHelp?
If you sign up as a member to HemiHelp you can benefit in many ways...
- You will receive a membership pack containing the latest issue of our members' magazine, a useful names and addresses leaflet, a leaflet about hemiplegia and HemiHelp, details of all our services and much more
- You will receive our members-only magazine four times a year. Find out more about our magazine
- You will receive news of our HemiHelp events, such as creative workshops, our hugely popular "try it" activity fun days, conferences for parents and conferences for professionals. HemiHelp events are a great opportunity for you to get together with other people affected by hemiplegia and learn more about the condition.
- Signing up as a member to HemiHelp entitles you to a discount delegate place at one of our Professional HemiHelp Conferences. Please note this is for Professional Members only.
- You will be able to meet others and share experiences through our local group scheme, which puts you in touch with other families in your surrounding area.
- You will be able to sign up to the pen pal scheme which puts you or your child in touch with other members. Two pen pal schemes are available; one for children (5 - 18) and one for over 18s with hemiplegia.
- You can take part in our hire scheme for one handed recorders
- You can request a home visit.
How do I join?
It's now easier than ever to join HemiHelp - online, by post or download a form. Follow the links at the top of the page.
How much does it cost?
Your annual membership fee will help us continue providing you with the benefits and support you are entitled to as a member.
- £22 per year for all family and extended family members.
- £10 per year for adults with hemiplegia. The lower fee reflects the fact that our services for adults are currently under development.
- And £35 for international members, to cover our extra postage and admin costs.
- It is free for professionals working with children or people with hemiplegia to join.
In addition to joining HemiHelp as an ordinary member, you can join as a Voting Member. Voting Members are formally members of the registered company, HemiHelp Ltd, and so receive notice of and vote at the Annual General Meeting.
The subscription fee for voting membership is £10.00 per year. This fee is separate and in addition to your ordinary membership fee and helps to cover the administrative costs of maintaining voting members. The subscription fee for voting membership is not intended to exclude anyone from being involved in the charity, and therefore consideration will be given to anyone who is unable to pay this sum.
If you would like to become a voting member, please complete the voting membership application form.
Any further questions?
Call the HemiHelp office on 0845 120 3713, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about membership, and we will be pleased to help.